Octopus complies with its obligations under GDPR by keeping your personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely, but not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
The personal information we collect
- contact details and personal information needed to help us plan, organize and manage our year-round projects, events, meetings and to keep you fully up-to-date with our news.
- our projects are funded by grant funders and they require us to collect information on those benefitting from the project grant that they've given. In these situations, we will only collect the information that is appropriate and that ensures that we are contract compliant.
- When we receive donations from individuals any financial information related to this donation will be kept for an appropriate length of time.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, wish to stop receiving any communications from us or have any further questions on our implementation of GDPR please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you when:
- you send us an email
- you register at an event
- you purchase a ticket for any of our events (even if the ticket is free)
- you work or volunteer with us
- you request to become or are already a member of the Network
- you engage in social media communications with us
- you make a donation or get involved with our fundraising activities
Why we collect your personal information
We use your personal data for the following reasons:
- to plan, organize and manage our year-round events, meetings, community and community centre celebrations and network events;
- to manage our employees, volunteers and those applying to us for employment;
- maintain our own project management records associated with grants and donations received;
- to keep you up-to-date with all of our news about the Network, the work of Network members and the projects that we organize and manage on behalf of the Network;
- to process the grant or donation that you have made.
We will continue to collect your consent from a variety of sources:
- when you make an enquiry via our website
- when you register for or at an event
- when we use Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey or our SheepCRM*
*SheepCRM is used to manage all of our sources of data and consent. From time to time, you might receive communications from us, which will give you the opportunity to check the information we have/the consent details we have for you, is correct.
Network Development Director
129 St. John's Way
London N19 3RQ
tel: 020 7263 7095
The website form is not checked very regularly so that quickest way to get in touch would be to email email@example.com regarding the network or firstname.lastname@example.org about We Can Grow/Urban Wild Places. Thanks!