Six of Islington's Community Hubs have come together to encourage their local communities to live healthier lifestyles... how?
To find out more about the Community Development Officer post, have a look at the advert here.
If you're interested and would like to receive a recruitment pack, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's all about making a difference and improving access
By working collectively we want to make a real difference to people’s lives by:
- Working with key neighbourhood partners to shape and deliver health and wellbeing activities that are designed by and for local communities
- Improving awareness of the services available and helping people to access the wide-ranging support that they need
- Assisting more families to get into and maintain healthy lifestyles
- Helping older people to feel happier and more socially connected
- Supporting young people and ‘parents under pressure’ to better cope with anxiety and stress
Activities are delivered through five key themes:
- Eat well: eat things that make your body feel good
- Keep moving: be more active
- Keep talking: value your social life and your friendships
- Take it easy: take time to relax and recharge your batteries
- Think positive: be aware of the power of positive thinking
Want to find out more?
Want to find out more about the project? Contact Community Development Officers Maria or Uzma at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.