Inspiring Community Centres - CCWeekUK
Coming together makes a real difference in our community, and we're community owned!
We've created a Community Centre Week Pack for you to download:
CCW PAGE 1
CCW PAGE 2
CCW PAGE 3
CCWeekUK 2015 was a great success. We built on the 2014's work to involve more people and raise further awareness about community centres. We had lots of involvement both in the real world and in the social media sphere, here's how:
- Locality continued to lend their support by promoting CCWeekUK to all of their members and by promoting the week through their blogs.
- Stockport Homes made contact with Octopus and decided to organise several events, they even produced their very own CCWeekUK themed banner to promote!
- The Big Alliance organized a team from design company Dalzial and Pow to run a session at Whittington Park's elder's group. They spent the afternoon decorating tea towels and tote bags in CCWeekUK style.
- We had volunteer interviews at Hanley Crouch and an employability session focused on access to work for people with a disabiity at Hornsey Lane, as well as other great activities that happen every day throughout the Octopus Network.
- We engaged a group of young people from the NCS The Challenge who went on to design a local campaign to raise the profile of community centres in Islington. They even got people to sign a petition to make sure that community centres remain to be supported.
- Using the hashtag #loveyourcc, we have an impressive 1.8% engagement rate, higher than many of the biggest brands!
- Our ever-growing following is now at 330!
- Our hashtag #loveyourcc was mentioned 524 times during the week.
- We made 16.6k impressions throughout the week; our tweets were on users' feeds 16,000 times!
- We were mentioned twice by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
- Each Facebook post reached an average of 79 people.
- 5 blogs were written about CCWeekUK and we had mentions on several websites
Special thanks go to Liv Lemos (Volunteer) and Rosie Apperley for their hard work on the run up to, during and after the week. Also, Lisa for her excellent design work. We're looking forward to next year already!