Community Hubs Network: Our centres are based at the heart of their communities, offering and hosting an ever-expanding range of services, public events and activities, and spaces to meet friends and contribute to community life.
Inspiring Employability - Career Orienteer: Career Orienteer is our unique and pro-active response to improving back to work support.
At the heart of our approach is life-coaching.
Inspiring Community Centres - CCWeekUK: Coming together makes a real difference in our community, and we're community owned!
Inspiring Young People: Octopus is collaborating on the National Citizen Service in Islington, which is being led The Challenge.
Why?...because we just love youth-led social action.
Urban Wild Places : Grow wild things, grow food, grow amazing flowers, grow vegetables and herbs you've never heard of before.
We love our urban communities because We Can Grow in the smallest and obscure places!
StayWell, LiveWell: Six of Islington's Community Hubs have come together to encourage their local communities to live healthier lifestyles... how?
Power to Change: We are committed to developing our unique Community Centre Peer Network!
We Can Grow Launch!: Join us for the official launch of our new Big Lottery funded project, We Can Grow, on the 6th April!
Look out for lots more information about the project in the coming weeks!
We thrive on being able to inspire
and on being inspired:
Inspiring Community Buildings: over the past
three years the Community Centres have focused attention on
developing their environmental credentials and improving their
Inspiring Young People: over the past 12 months
we have dedicated time to building relationships with the team now
responsible for developing Islington's exciting new creative space
for young people - Platform, based at the old Hornsey Baths
site. We have forged a partnership with Changemakers during
the process, which will see us working together on the National
Citizen Service pilot during the summer of 2012, 'Sumer of
Inspiring Communities: we have built upon our
highly successful projects such as, Community Works, Community
Works2, and the Healthly Living Centre project - 'Islington Health
Works' - to develop and now run our innovative new project,
- Wild Places - Inspiring Communities, Engaging through Nature: It is all about engaging communities who have limited or no access to nature and the 'great outdoors'. It brings communities together to learn about nature and bio-diversity and experience it for themselves.Read more...
- Peace Bag Project: For two consecutive years, Octopus and the Islington Faiths Forum have collaborated on a fantastically interactive project to raise awareness of Peace Week amongst children and young people attending out of school activities at some of Islington's largest multi-purpose community centres. Read more...
- Islington Health Works: Islington Health Works was a five year programme of activities aimed at improving the health of some of the most disadvantaged residents in Islington.Read more...
- Summer of Change: Octopus is partnering on the National Citizen Service pilot in Islington 'Summer of Change', which is being led by Changemakers in partnership with Islington Council.
We are also really excited about developing stronger links with Islington's inspiring new creative space for young people - Platform, which is based on the site of the old Horsney Road Baths.Read more...
- Advising Islington Together: Frontline staff in Community Hubs become Welfare First Aiders to help signpost local residents to the advice and support they need.Read more...
- Inspiring Volunteering: Community Centres benefit from a range of Volunteers and we really value the skills and time Volunteers donate! A brand-new project with VAI will inspire a number of new initiatives.Read more...